Weight Loss surgery in Patiala
What is obesity and weight loss surgery?
Obesity and weight loss surgeries are surgeries in which the patient can lose weight but, above all, can treat conditions related to obesity such as diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, obstructive sleep apnea or acid reflux.
In addition, it helps reduce risk factors such as heart disease, stroke, and cancer. Dr Amit Sood is one of the Best Bariatric Surgeon in Patiala. He runs an organization named Ckosmic Surgical Centre in which he provides all kinds of surgeries and take care of all his patients. The fact is that his patients have been able to lose up to 70 – 85% of their excess weight within a period of 2 years.
Types of obesity and weight loss surgeries in Patiala
There are many options of obesity and weight loss surgery. Following are the most common and popular options:
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (Gastric Sleeve)
Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy is one of the most common weight loss surgeries. During this obesity and weight loss surgery, a part of the stomach is surgically removed.
Keep in mind that gastric sleeve surgery is irreversible, since three-quarters of the organ is removed.
- Body mass index (BMI): BMI should be 35 to 40 or more
- Duration: It lasts about 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Anesthesia: General anesthesia
- Hospital stays: 3-4 nights
- Potential Outcomes: Patients typically reach their lowest weight 1.5-2 years after surgery, during which time they may lose 75-80% of their excess weight. It should be noted that this result is not yet stable, and most patients gain between 5 and 10 kg of weight. Afterwards, it depends on the lifestyle of each patient.
- Pregnancy Notes: Pregnancy after surgery can be planned 16-18 months after the procedure.
2. Gastric balloon
During this weight loss treatment, a gastric balloon made of high-quality silicone rubber is inserted into the stomach. The balloon is filled with a specific amount of saline solution. Due to the balloon in the stomach, the volume of the stomach is reduced, and the patient feels full faster. This leads to weight loss.
- Body mass index (BMI): BMI should be between 27 and 40
- Duration: A normal Gastric Balloon procedure lasts about 20 minutes.
- Anesthesia: Light anesthesia or light sedation
- Hospital overnights: None; just a couple of hours
- Possible results: Patients usually lose weight during the first 1-2 months after the intervention. During the remaining 4-5 months, the weight achieved is maintained.
3. Botox for the stomach
Stomach Botox application is a weight loss treatment where Botox is injected into 15-20 parts of the stomach.
This procedure is done using an endoscope through the mouth. Since no incisions or general anesthesia are required, it is considered one of the safest procedures for weight loss.
- Body mass index (BMI): From 27 to 35
- Duration: A normal stomach Botox procedure lasts between 15 and 30 minutes
- Anesthesia: Anesthesia with drugs and sedation
- Overnight hospital stays: None, just a couple of hours
- Possible results: Patients can lose between 10 and 15% of their total weight in a period of 3 to 6 months.
- Pregnancy Notes: Pregnant or lactating women are not candidates for Botox Stomach.
Things to know before obesity and weight loss surgery:
- Keep in mind that no method guarantees weight loss.
- We strongly recommend that you only consider choosing reliable and certified clinics with highly qualified specialists.
- Your BMI and medical history play an important role in deciding if you are a good candidate for weight loss surgery and what type of procedure.
- If you have hormonal illnesses or other medical conditions, it may not be suitable for all weight loss surgeries.
- To avoid complications, patients should pay close attention to what they eat after the operation.
- Keep in mind that skin is often saggy due to rapid weight loss after weight loss surgery.
- Patients must refrain from smoking and alcohol consumption at least 2 weeks before and several weeks/months after the intervention.
- For the first 1-2 weeks after the operation, a liquid or semi-solid diet is recommended, depending on the procedure.
- The first results are usually visible a couple of weeks after obesity and weight loss surgery.
- Keep in mind that the results of obesity and weight loss surgeries are not for lifetime. The results depend on the patient, who has to follow specific postoperative instructions.
Obesity and weight loss surgery procedure:
The first step to your obesity and weight loss surgery in Patiala is to present your medical history to your treating physician. During an online consultation, you will determine which procedure is right for your specific case. Dr Amit Sood will give you all the important information and tell you about possible complications and aftercare.
Upon arrival in Patiala, you will come to the clinic for a consultation and check-up one day before your scheduled obesity and weight loss surgery. You and Dr Amit Sood will discuss the type of weight loss surgery chosen and the surgical method.
Surgery is usually scheduled for the next day. In most cases, you will come with an empty stomach. After a blood test, you’ll see the doctor again and prepare for surgery.
The duration of the surgery depends on the type of obesity and weight loss surgery and its complexity.
Patients who have undergone Stomach Botox or Gastric Balloon surgery usually leave the clinic within a couple of hours.
Gastric sleeve surgery is performed under general anesthesia, so you should expect to spend 3-5 days in the clinic, depending on your condition. During this time, Dr Amit Sood will regularly check your condition and the area operated on. Before you leave the hospital, Dr Amit Sood will discuss aftercare and medication with you. So if you are looking for the Best Weight Loss Surgeon in Patiala, then you must visit Dr Amit Sood.
Weight Loss Surgery in Ludhiana - Testimony Gallery
About The Surgeon
Dr. Amit Sood
MBBS , MS , DNB , F GI & HPB , MAS , MARS
Minimal Access , Bariatric , Metabolic and Endoscopic Surgeon
Dr. Amit Sood, who is the Founder & Director of CKOSMIC SURGICAL CENTER and his experience forms the core of the organization. He is one of the youngest Minimal Access, Bariatric, Metabolic, Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Surgeon in India and has also been awarded with a Gold Medal in surgery.
- M.B.B.S at Jawahar lal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum.
- Master of Surgery MS at Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai.
- DNB Studied at National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- F-GI & HPB surgery at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Center, Kochi.
- Minimal Access, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery at CODS Mumbai.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery at MUHS Nashik
- Honor Code Certificate (Metabolic Applied Research Strategy-MARS) USA.