Best Bariatric Surgeon In Dharamshala
This patient guide is based on the topics covered along with accepted Estonian guidelines and recommendations for the treatment of “Caring for a Bariatric Patient Before and After Surgery”. Treatment guidelines recommendations were compiled based on an analysis of the literature. In the Patient Guide, best bariatric surgeon in dharamshala recommendations are made taking into account the patient’s perspective, that is, it provides information on what the patient needs to know about bariatric surgery, preparing for bariatric surgery, or post-surgery lifestyle. The patient guidelines were compiled by experts in the field who treat and consult bariatric patients every day.
The aim of the patient was to provide answers to frequently asked questions about surgery and daily routine and to help the patient recover from surgery. The patient covers all important topics related to bariatric surgery, surgery preparation, and lifestyle changes after surgery.
Bariatric surgery deals with the surgical intervention of the digestive system to reduce significant and permanent weight loss and metabolic diseases associated with obesity (eg, type II diabetes, high cholesterol). Surgery reduces the volume of the stomach or shortens the part of the small intestine that passes through ingested food. In both cases, the goal is the same: to limit food intake and dietary energy. Best bariatric surgeon in dharamshala after surgery, patients tend to feel full when they eat less food, thus consuming fewer calories. In addition, bariatric surgery significantly alters patients’ eating habits or dietary patterns. As a result, the patient’s weight remains low for a long time,
In what cases can the possibility of using surgical treatment be weighed up?
The possibility of application of bariatric surgery is necessary to weigh the patients who have a body mass index greater than 40 kg / m 2 and in which applying other methods of weight loss did not give a steady result. Also, it is recommended to patients who have a body mass index greater than 35 kg / m 2 and have at least one disease associated with obesity, which is likely to disappear or be relieved after weight loss.
Concomitant diseases, the relief of which or recovery from which after surgery has been scientifically proven:
- type II diabetes
- ischemic heart disease
- high blood pressure
- high blood cholesterol
- pathological snoring or obstructive sleep apnea
- joint diseases
- post-infarction or post-stroke conditions
- polycystic ovary syndrome
Benefits Of Bariatric Surgery
Our patients have been able to lose up to 70 – 85% of their excess weight. Those thinking about surgery should talk to our Doctor about what their personal expectations should be for loss of excess weight. In addition to this, co-morbidities such as diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnoea, infertility, thyroid etc… are often reduced or completely cured.
How Bariatric Surgery is more Successful
Methods For Surgical Treatment:-
Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass:-
In laparoscopic gastric bypass or bypass surgery, a small stomach of approximately 30 ml is attached to the esophagus, to which the small intestine is connected. The swallowed food moves along the esophagus into the small stomach, and from there directly into the small intestine. Thus, food is redirected past the large stomach, duodenum, and the beginning of the small intestine.
The effect of this operation is achieved in several ways. First, the new stomach holds much less food, which in turn means fewer calories consumed. Second, redirecting food to bypass the large stomach and duodenum creates changes in hormones that regulate the feeling of a full stomach and hunger. Best bariatric surgeon in dharamshala It reduces hunger and also affects the mechanisms through which excess weight leads to type II diabetes.
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy:-
In a laparoscopic vertical gastrectomy or sleeve operation, approximately 80% of the stomach is removed longitudinally. The rest of the stomach is used to form a tube with a diameter of 2-3 centimeters and a volume of 100-150 ml, which fills when eating and creates a feeling of a full stomach when taking a small amount of food.
The new stomach holds significantly less food, which in turn reduces the number of calories consumed. In addition, the surgery affects hormones that contribute to a feeling of a full belly, reduce hunger and regulate blood sugar levels.
- After surgery, you need to change your eating habits. Follow dietary recommendations that aim to provide you with a balanced menu in situations where food amounts are significantly reduced. That way, you’ll prevent nutrient deficiencies and avoid muscle loss. This way you are more likely to lose the desired weight and avoid further weight gain.
- Replace band-aids on wounds if wound condition requires or doctor/nurse recommends.
- Take your prescribed vitamin and nutritional supplements every day after your surgery.
- Be physically active and walk for at least an hour every day after you return home from the hospital.
- If you are planning a pregnancy, postpone it for at least 18 months after your surgery.
- Avoid sugary foods to prevent dumping syndrome.
- Consume enough protein and recommended vitamins and minerals to reduce hair loss.
- Surgery to remove excess (hanging) skin should be postponed for at least 18 months after abdominal reduction surgery.
- Attend all your postoperative health visits: During the first two years, meet with a bariatric-trained nurse or surgeon who performed the operation, and after that, your family doctor.
Role of Nutritionist
Weight Management Program:
- Nutrition is what gives us the raw materials for recuperation, energy and growth. Without a balanced diet your dreams of achieving ideal body will never be reached.
- This program is a safe and effective weight loss program which helps to keep the weight off over a long period through food education and life style.
- As part of the program you need to come for regular follow up with our nutritionist who will monitor your progress in terms of body fat % and muscle mass.
We also provide medical nutrition therapy to help individuals manage chronic conditions like diabetes, dyslipidaemia, hypertension, kidney diseases, PCOD etc and promote wellness. Our nutritionist evaluates your diet and lifestyle. Once we have a realistic picture of your health, our nutritionist will prescribe a food plan than can seamlessly fit into your routine.
Cost of Bariatric Surgery
The cost of bariatric surgery varies from patient to patient depending on lot of factors like the type of surgery chosen, associated co-morbidities, multi-port or single port, the stay at hospital (room rent, duration) etc.
We offer Bariatric Surgery at Reasonable costs and also under all Medical Insurances. To know about if bariatric surgery covered under insurance policy please visit policy page.